Ensuring all your staff working with VDU’s are working safely, identify areas of risk within your business, and plan rectifications to ensure you comply with appropriate legislation and guidelines.
- Highly experienced in Display Screen Equipment (DSE) assessment
- Registered by all appropriate bodies
- Work to your exact needs with minimal disruption
- Highest quality of customer service
- Reports quickly turned around
Why ask 1st Line Defence HSF to carry out Display Screen Assessment (DSE) for you?
1st Line Defence HSF specialises in helping businesses in all business sector, to ensure your staff are working in a safe environment in line with the requirements of all appropriate legislation and guidelines relating to Display Screen Equipment (DSE) and Visual Display Units (VDU’s).
Our DSE assessors are all fully qualified and hold current certification in the fields in which they work.
We monitor current and incoming legislation that could affect any aspect of your staff’s welfare or the impact of the work environment on your employees or visitors, carrying out DSE Assessment’s to identify area’s requiring attention.
What the regulations say
The Health & Safety (Display Screen Equipment-DSE) Regulations came into force on 1st January 1993 (some minor changes were made in 2002). They seek to protect the health of workers by reducing risks from DSE/VDU work.
The regulations require employers to:
- Analyse workstations to assess and reduce risks
- Ensure workstations meet specified minimum requirements
- Plan work activities so that they include breaks or changes of activity
- Provide eye & eyesight tests on request, and special spectacles if needed
- Provide information & training
These regulations should not impose any extra burden on your business. They simply re-impose a duty that:
- you complying with Health & Safety at Work (1974)
- is implicit in your wider health and safety duties to your employees
If you have concerns about whether you comply currently with all relevant regulations and guidelines or would like to ensure your business complies or would like to arrange for 1st Line Defence HSF to carry out DSE Assessments please contact us